Definition of phosphoric in English:
1Relating to or containing phosphorus: the process enabled the local phosphoric ore to be used for steel-making
More example sentences
- 3,500 million years ago in some warm little pond, with ammonia, phosphoric salts, light, heat etc. present, a protein compound was chemically formed to undergo.
- Observers, however, revealed some irregularities, including the use of wooden and thus non-transparent ballot boxes and a weakened solution of phosphoric ink.
- This increased pollution in the water body by raising the phosphoric content in the lake, thereby encouraging weed growth.
1.1 Chemistry Of phosphorus with a valency of five. Compare with phosphorous.
- For instance, the phosphoric compounds or polyvalent metal salts may be added to a water system continuously or intermittently to maintain their necessary concentrations.
- Just as sulfur forms sulfurous and sulfuric compounds, phosphorus forms phosphorous and phosphoric compounds.
late 18th century: from French phosphorique, from phosphore 'phosphorus'.
Definition of phosphoric in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan