Definition of phosphoryl in English:
1 Chemistry Denoting the trivalent group ≡PO.
- The association of the peptide amide hydrogens with the lipid phosphoryl oxygens was also investigated in order to find out if there was any possibility of long-term hydrogen bonding between these atoms.
- This ordering can be explained by the orientational behavior of water molecules around phosphoryl groups.
- Signal transduction by these systems usually involves autophosphorylation of a histidine kinase on a conserved histidine residue and subsequent transfer of the phosphoryl group to a conserved aspartate on a receiver domain.
1.1 Biochemistry Denoting the monovalent phosphate group —PO(OH)2.
- It explains the method of claim 2 in which the monovalent group comprises a phosphoryl group.
- In addition, monovalent cations may, along with Mg2+ ions and surrounding residues of the protein, help orient the 1-phosphoryl group so as to achieve the optimal position required for catalysis.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan