noun (plural photinos)Physics
- The hypothetical supersymmetric counterpart of the photon, with spin − 1/ 2.More example sentences
- The photon, a boson, has a fermion partner called the photino.
- Also, the next vibration of the string includes a photino or particle which may make up most of the dark matter in the Universe.
- Another popular notion is supersymmetry, which predicts that all particles have shadowy ‘superpartners,’ with names such as selectrons, smuons and photinos.
More definitions of photinoDefinition of photino in:
- The US English dictionary