noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- Oxidation caused by the action of light.More example sentences
- One of the commonest processes for this is the reaction of oxygen, or oxygen containing species, with the dye energised by light, or photo-oxidation.
- Under the microscope, prolonged exposure to light led to photo-oxidation of the few vesicles in the field of view.
- This irradiance allowed growth without photoinhibition or photo-oxidation and this is important for effective comparisons of antioxidant activities.
More definitions of photo-oxidationDefinition of photo-oxidation in:
- The US English dictionary