Characterized by or involving the emission of electrons from a surface by the action of light: photoelectric detection systems
More example sentences
- It soon became clear in the next few years that the particles emitted in the photoelectric effect were indeed electrons.
- Too much of the potential triggering energy of the degraded gammas is dissipated in Compton and photoelectric interactions.
- A structure or space in the shadow of an efficient photoelectric generator surface already possesses this characteristic.
- Example sentences
- A science park developing photoelectricity products has recently been set up in Xi'an City,capital of northwest China's Shaanxi Province.
- We selected four technological fields, namely gene, photoelectricity, Chinese traditional medicine, and nano, in which China has advantages and potential markets.
Words that rhyme with photoelectricelectric, hydroelectric
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: photo|elec¦tric
Definition of photoelectric in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.