Definition of photoelectron in English:
An electron emitted from an atom by interaction with a photon, especially an electron emitted from a solid surface by the action of light: [as modifier]: photoelectron spectroscopy
More example sentences
- Above the photoelectric threshold, photoelectrons are emitted in proportion to the intensity of incident light.
- The other perplexing fact was that the photoelectrons seemed to be emitted instantaneously when the light was turned on.
- If they receive a second exposure with a low intensity light, developer anions adsorbed to the surface sensitivity centers effectively repel the photoelectrons so that surface latent image specks cannot form.
- Example sentences
- PFCs are given off primarily during the dry etching and chemical vapor deposition processes in the production of semiconductors and photoelectronic devices.
- Wu said that because of the park's sound environment for high-tech firms in the photoelectronic industry, firms from related industries have also been encouraged to choose central Taiwan as their base.
- A photoelectronic detector measures the light passing through the aperture.
Definition of photoelectron in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan