noun[mass noun] Physics
- Ionization produced in a medium by the action of electromagnetic radiation.More example sentences
- Firstly, there is no charge separation or corresponding Coulomb attraction barrier, because the electron is ejected and hydrated in the bulk directly by photoionization.
- Moreover, this spectrum is strikingly similar to the terminal spectrum measured after photoionization of the isolated PYP chromophore in solution.
- T-rays have low photon energies and will not cause harmful photoionization in biological tissues.
More definitions of photoionizationDefinition of photoionization in:
- The US English dictionary