noun[mass noun] Botany
- Development of form and structure in plants which is affected by light, other than that occurring for photosynthesis.More example sentences
- Light is one of the most important environmental factors exerting great influences on the growth and development of plants via photosynthesis and photomorphogenesis.
- Cryptochromes are pigmented photoreceptors that are involved in blue-light mediated photomorphogenesis and photoperiodism in plants.
- One of the most dramatic effects of light on plant development is observed in the de-etiolation process of photomorphogenesis, when plants pass from heterotrophic to autotrophic life.
More definitions of photomorphogenesisDefinition of photomorphogenesis in:
- The US English dictionary