Definition of phraseology in English:
noun (plural phraseologies)
A particular mode of expression, especially one characteristic of a particular speaker or subject area: legal phraseology
More example sentences
- On the air since January 2, it is, to use the cliched phraseology, a television show with a difference in the sense that it has Ruby playing a double role in all the episodes.
- Even in social circles there are serious attempts to change some words and phraseologies to remove the connotations that these terminologies have acquired over a long time.
- I know that my phraseology and way of putting things is sometimes a bit direct.
wording, choice of words, phrasing, usage, idiom, diction, parlance, words, language, vocabulary, terminology;
jargon, patter, cant, -speak, dialect, vernacular, argot, patois, style, way of speaking/writing, manner of speaking/writing, style of speech/writing, mode of speech/writing;
French façon de parler
- Example sentences
- He'd made a really good ‘black men in the USA’ comment in an insightful manner about being stigmatised, but then in literally the next sentence he undid his good phraseological work.
- TPM Reader AK writes in with a splendid bit of lexical or phraseological insight.
- As a one more deft stroke of his phraseological felicity, Vajpayee has pulled off a statement that hones itself to everybody's satisfaction.
Words that rhyme with phraseologyanthropology, apology, archaeology (US archeology), astrology, biology, campanology, cardiology, chronology, climatology, cosmology, craniology, criminology, dermatology, ecology, embryology, entomology, epidemiology, etymology, geology, gynaecology (US gynecology), haematology (US hematology), hagiology, horology, hydrology, iconology, ideology, immunology, iridology, kidology, meteorology, methodology, musicology, mythology, necrology, neurology, numerology, oncology, ontology, ophthalmology, ornithology, parasitology, pathology, pharmacology, phrenology, physiology, psychology, radiology, reflexology, scatology, Scientology, seismology, semiology, sociology, symbology, tautology, technology, terminology, theology, topology, toxicology, urology, zoology • eulogy • energy • synergy • apogee • liturgy • lethargy
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.