- A salt or ester of phthalic acid.More example sentences
- The group also warns consumers about toys that pose toxic hazards and urges manufacturers to voluntarily disclose whether toys contain phthalates or polyvinyl chloride.
- Some common chemicals found in nail salons are toluene, formaldehyde and a group of chemical compounds called phthalates.
- In contact with foods, especially hot, fatty foods, PVC can also leach chemicals such as adipates and phthalates, shown in mice to cause birth defects and damage to the liver and kidneys.
More definitions of phthalateDefinition of phthalate in:
- The US English dictionary