- Any of a group of blue photosynthetic pigments present in cyanobacteria.More example sentences
- Aberystwyth researchers hypothesize that evolution has selected for low-histidine and trypotophan content in phycocyanins to reduce electron-transport interference.
- Sea-dwelling cyanobacteria get their name from the bluish pigment, phycocyanin, which they use to capture light during photosynthesis.
- These blue-green, one-celled microalgae are rich in carotenoids, including phycocyanin, the pigment that's responsible for spirulina's blue-green tint.
More definitions of phycocyaninDefinition of phycocyanin in:
- The US English dictionary