- Any of the lower fungi, which typically form a non-septate mycelium.
More example sentences
- Subdivisions Mastigomycotina and Zygomycotina; formerly placed in a class Phycomycetes
- From one case they isolated many colonies of a phycomycete, Basidiobolus, not hitherto known to infect mammals.
- Protein and RNA syntheses were examined during hyphal germ tube emergence from sporangiospores of a dimorphic phycomycete, Mucor racemosus.
More definitions of phycomyceteDefinition of phycomycete in:
- The US English dictionary