noun[treated as singular]
North American term for physiotherapy.
More example sentences
- Physiatrics on the other hand, is a readily available modality than can restore much useful function and reverse the contractures.
- Complementary balneotherapy, physiatrics, massages, etc., combined with the high professional standard of Spa's staff increase basic healing effects.
- More example sentences
- Care of the technology-dependent young adult should be incorporated into the training programs of adult pulmonologists, adult neurologists, physiatrists, sleep medicine specialists, and internists.
- Consultation with a physical therapist or physiatrist to design a program to mobilize the patient and prevent contractures may be an important component to the management of rigidity and spasticity.
- In one previous study published by the same authors, acupuncture and biofeedback were the two most common alternative therapies recommended by physiatrists (physical medicine and rehabilitation medical specialists).
Definition of physiatrics in:
- The US English dictionary