Definition of physiatrics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
North American term for physiotherapy.
- Physiatrics on the other hand, is a readily available modality than can restore much useful function and reverse the contractures.
- Complementary balneotherapy, physiatrics, massages, etc., combined with the high professional standard of Spa's staff increase basic healing effects.
- Example sentences
- Care of the technology-dependent young adult should be incorporated into the training programs of adult pulmonologists, adult neurologists, physiatrists, sleep medicine specialists, and internists.
- Consultation with a physical therapist or physiatrist to design a program to mobilize the patient and prevent contractures may be an important component to the management of rigidity and spasticity.
- In one previous study published by the same authors, acupuncture and biofeedback were the two most common alternative therapies recommended by physiatrists (physical medicine and rehabilitation medical specialists).
Definition of physiatrics in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan