noun (plural physios)British • informal
- 1A physiotherapist: the cricket team physioMore example sentences
- Just how many will do that remains to be seen and if the response is low then we will end up with fewer doctors, dentists, vets, physios etc than ever before.
- From the doctors and physios to the coaching team, that does not change.
- This morning on The Health Report, physios have their say about bad backs; as opposed to what a researcher said last week on the show, they argue that the evidence is that physiotherapy can make a difference.
- 1.1 [mass noun] Physiotherapy: he’ll need a bit of physio when the cast comes offMore example sentences
- My speech and balance came back after I tried my hardest in physio and speech therapy sessions.
- The Program, however, will provide Buck with medical insurance cover for possible scans and operations, as well as access to physio and massage treatment.
- Now, once you reach a certain standard, you get free physio and medical help, but I think that needs to go further down, even to people of a lower standard.