Definition of physiology in English:
1The branch of biology that deals with the normal functions of living organisms and their parts.
- I have taken many classes dealing with physiology and biology, and there's no way that animals are that similar to us.
- The basic human sciences involved are anatomy, physiology, and psychology.
- Now sports science has lots of branches to it these days, from physiology to biomechanics, dietetics to psychology.
1.1The way in which a living organism or bodily part functions: the physiology of the brain
More example sentences
- Of course we need to be respectful of the biology and physiology of illness.
- Variables in the model were age, end stage disease, length of stay in unit, cardiothoracic surgery, and physiology.
- Most of them follow the medical model, that is, they deal with the actual physiology of making vocal sound.
Words that rhyme with physiologyanthropology, apology, archaeology (US archeology), astrology, biology, campanology, cardiology, chronology, climatology, cosmology, craniology, criminology, dermatology, ecology, embryology, entomology, epidemiology, etymology, geology, gynaecology (US gynecology), haematology (US hematology), hagiology, horology, hydrology, iconology, ideology, immunology, iridology, kidology, meteorology, methodology, musicology, mythology, necrology, neurology, numerology, oncology, ontology, ophthalmology, ornithology, parasitology, pathology, pharmacology, phraseology, phrenology, psychology, radiology, reflexology, scatology, Scientology, seismology, semiology, sociology, symbology, tautology, technology, terminology, theology, topology, toxicology, urology, zoology • eulogy • energy • synergy • apogee • liturgy • lethargy
Definition of physiology in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.