Definition of physiotherapy in English:
noun[mass noun] British
The treatment of disease, injury, or deformity by physical methods such as massage, heat treatment, and exercise rather than by drugs or surgery. In the US called physical therapy.
- Recovery can be aided by speech therapy, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and counselling.
- Video games have been used as a form of physiotherapy or occupational therapy in many different groups of people.
- A trial might need people, for example, to provide physiotherapy or cognitive behaviour therapy.
- Example sentences
- The two occupational therapists and three physiotherapists delivering the interventions and the two independent assessors attended a two day training course.
- Patients in the therapy group underwent a physical examination by physiotherapists, lasting up to one hour.
- A multidisciplinary team of doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, social workers, and occupational therapists cared for patients.
Words that rhyme with physiotherapyaromatherapy, chemotherapy, hypnotherapy, psychotherapy, radiotherapy, therapy
Definition of physiotherapy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.