(US physical therapy)
- The treatment of disease, injury, or deformity by physical methods such as massage, heat treatment, and exercise rather than by drugs or surgery.More example sentences
- Recovery can be aided by speech therapy, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and counselling.
- Video games have been used as a form of physiotherapy or occupational therapy in many different groups of people.
- A trial might need people, for example, to provide physiotherapy or cognitive behaviour therapy.
- More example sentences
- The two occupational therapists and three physiotherapists delivering the interventions and the two independent assessors attended a two day training course.
- Patients in the therapy group underwent a physical examination by physiotherapists, lasting up to one hour.
- A multidisciplinary team of doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, social workers, and occupational therapists cared for patients.
More definitions of physiotherapyDefinition of physiotherapy in:
- The US English dictionary