Definition of phytotoxic in English:
Poisonous to plants.
- Sorgoleone is phytotoxic to broadleaf and grass weeds at concentrations as low as 10 M in hydroponic assays.
- Studies carried out in different plant species have revealed that Cd is strongly phytotoxic and causes growth inhibition and even plant death, although the mechanisms involved in its toxicity are still not completely understood.
- Preliminary experiments showed that for plants grown during the period December to February, a rapid exposure to high levels of artificial light produced phytotoxic symptoms (whitening of leaves) in these inbred clover lines.
- Example sentences
- However, acute phytotoxicity such as rapid leaf drop may also result from the impact of high dose applications of HMOs and AMOs on plant growth regulators.
- The aim was to reach high biomass production and high Cd concentrations in the leaves and to avoid the problem of Cd phytotoxicity.
- Aluminium phytotoxicity is a major threat to plant growth on acid soils.
Definition of phytotoxic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.