- An accordion with the melody played on a small vertical keyboard like that of a piano.More example sentences
- The two main types of double-action, chromatic accordion are the piano accordion, with a piano-style keyboard in the right-hand manual, and the ‘continental chromatic’ accordion.
- Playing everything from harp to bagpipes (via keyboards, bodhrán, piano accordion, guitar and fiddle) the band played at festivals, parades, shows and more.
- Some were playing piano accordions; there were flutes and harmonicas, violins and hand-held drums that created a thudding, pulsating sound.
More definitions of piano accordionDefinition of piano accordion in:
- The US English dictionary