- The first floor of a large Palladian or Georgian house, containing the principal rooms.More example sentences
- The arrangement follows a traditional town house, with garage and service spaces at ground level, a piano nobile first floor for living, dining and cooking, and two floors of bedrooms above.
- Based on the mews principal, with vehicles in garages at ground level topped by a piano nobile floor of offices, planning is simple and logical.
- Living quarters are on the piano nobile under the deep coved ceiling and skylight and are flooded with luminance from the frameless glazed openings on either side.
Italian, literally 'noble floor'.
More definitions of piano nobileDefinition of piano nobile in:
- The US English dictionary