- A trio for piano and two stringed instruments, usually violin and cello.More example sentences
- And it's much more than a competition - there's a festival atmosphere, with 70 young musicians from 12 countries contributing to a feast of string quartets and piano trios: 120 works by 36 different composers.
- One would assume that the piano trio is a combination less likely to attract young composers today as it obviously did attract in the 19th century.
- Contemporary piano trios with a swing are few and far between even despite the similarities of the Jazz trio medium.
More definitions of piano trioDefinition of piano trio in:
- The US English dictionary