- (In bullfighting) a person on horseback who goads the bull with a lance.More example sentences
- From that time, it began to follow a particular sequence of events: the entrance of the bull, the picador, the banderilleros, and finally the matador (bullfighter).
- They then escort the matadors to the enclosure, followed by the picadors - matadors on horseback.
- Totally confident of his untested capacity, Jose put on the picador's uniform and, for the first time, settled onto a horse.
Spanish, from picar 'to prick'.
More definitions of picadorDefinition of picador in:
- The US English dictionary