Either of two broadleaved freshwater plants which were formerly believed to give rise to, or provide food for, young pike.
- ● a North American plant with spikes of blue flowers (Pontederia cordata, family Pontederiaceae). ● British dialect term for pondweed
More example sentences
- Among them are arrow arum, bull-tongue arrowhead, pickerelweed, water lettuce, white water lily, yellow water lily, and the invasive alligator weed.
- The ubiquitous saw grass rattles in the wind, while pond-apple trees, yellow pond lilies, and pickerelweed, with its iridescent purple flowers, line the riverbanks.
- Pickerelweed is a perennial plant that can grow up to 3 1/2 feet tall.
More definitions of pickerelweedDefinition of pickerelweed in:
- The US English dictionary