- A boundary established by workers on strike, especially at the entrance to the place of work, which others are asked not to cross: they crossed the picket line hundreds came to support the strikers on the picket lineMore example sentences
- A picket line was a picket line and anyone who crossed it was a scab.
- Most of the nonunion workers are crossing the picket line, but some have joined the strike.
- In Alberta, an unknown number of workers crossed the picket line and returned to work.
More definitions of picket lineDefinition of picket line in:
- The US English dictionary