adjective (pickier, pickiest)informal
Fussy and hard to please: they are becoming increasingly picky about where they stay
More example sentences
- He also recalls the challenges of trying to please a picky female client who owned four airplanes and several boats.
- Adults are fussy and picky; adults only want to deal in logic and real life.
- To get the downsides out of the way first, our test sample was very picky with the hard drives we used.
- Example sentences
- In my pickiness, I rejected all of the candidates.
- Not to be picky, but I think your otherwise legitimate critique of pickiness as a rejection of goodness is missing the larger point.
- And sometimes announcing the joy of being in a couple isn't about smugness, it's about celebrating that pickiness can sometimes work out.
Words that rhyme with pickybrickie, Dickie, hickey, icky, mickey, Nicky, quickie, rickey, Rikki, sickie, sticky, tricky, Vicky
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: picky
Definition of picky in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.