- (In perspective painting or drawing) the imaginary plane corresponding to the surface of a picture, perpendicular to the viewer’s line of sight.More example sentences
- Planes parallel to the picture plane have unforeshortened perspectives however far they recede from the eye.
- The viewpoint in this type of perspective lies on a line perpendicular to the picture plane, passing through the central vanishing point.
- In the drawings, the white paper glimpsed behind the network of lines illusionistically comes forward, to press against the picture plane, serving in representational terms as light reflecting off the water's surface.
More definitions of picture planeDefinition of picture plane in:
- The US English dictionary