Definition of picture postcard in English:
1A postcard with a picture on one side.
- The collection of 25 letters also features a picture postcard of Williams as well as some poem translations.
- So too, does the fact that newspapers are quite large items and thus difficult to display unless framed on the wall, so they don't have quite the collecting appeal of, say, a picture postcard.
- Small villages by the Rhine, dotted with shiny slate-roofed houses and occasional churches with tall spires looked right out of a picture postcard.
1.1 [as modifier] Prettily picturesque, like the scenes typically shown on picture postcards: a picture-postcard thatched cottage
More example sentences
- Many have lingered on a bridge over the quiet waterway and studied the picture-postcard scene.
- The harbour was a picture-postcard scene awash with colour, from the fishermen's yellow waterproofs to the reds, blues and greens of their boats.
- The prosecution painted a picture of a houseproud woman who hated the disruption in her picture-postcard cottage caused by having the babies.
Definition of picture postcard in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia