Definition of picture postcard in English:
1A postcard with a picture on one side.
- The collection of 25 letters also features a picture postcard of Williams as well as some poem translations.
- So too, does the fact that newspapers are quite large items and thus difficult to display unless framed on the wall, so they don't have quite the collecting appeal of, say, a picture postcard.
- Small villages by the Rhine, dotted with shiny slate-roofed houses and occasional churches with tall spires looked right out of a picture postcard.
1.1 [as modifier] Prettily picturesque, like the scenes typically shown on picture postcards: a picture-postcard thatched cottage
More example sentences
- Many have lingered on a bridge over the quiet waterway and studied the picture-postcard scene.
- The harbour was a picture-postcard scene awash with colour, from the fishermen's yellow waterproofs to the reds, blues and greens of their boats.
- The prosecution painted a picture of a houseproud woman who hated the disruption in her picture-postcard cottage caused by having the babies.
Definition of picture postcard in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.