- The apparent space behind the picture plane of a painting, created by perspective and other techniques: they have a tendency to expand, to fill the picture spaceMore example sentences
- Cecilia turns and reacts, a gentle smile of welcome sparkling in her eyes and playing across the corners of her mouth as she glances at a companion outside the formal limits of her picture space.
- A second self-portrait also influenced by Cezanne, is more frontal, filling up the picture space; in these qualities it anticipates the paintings from the mid ‘40s on.
- It instructs in a way that enables you to learn about designing picture space and to use this information in creating your own images.
More definitions of picture spaceDefinition of picture space in:
- The US English dictionary