- A bird of a black-and-white race of the white wagtail, found in the British Isles, Spain, and Morocco.
More example sentences
- Motacilla alba yarrelli, family Motacillidae
- A survey of the birds who visited the cemetery in 1999 recorded blue tits, bull finches, pied wagtails and wood pigeons.
- Elsewhere in the country an exceptionally large reedbed roost in Hampshire once held over 180 grey wagtails in company with 100 pied wagtails.
- To the majority of nurserymen, pied wagtails are hardly welcome because they foul tomatoes, and chrysanthemums and carnation blooms.