- A brown or black mineral consisting of a silicate of calcium, aluminium, iron, and manganese.More example sentences
- It forms a series with clinozoisite and, together with a group of other minerals including zoisite, the allanites, and piemontite, is a dominant member of the epidote group.
- He reported that material previously said to be piemontite was actually a manganan epidote.
- Since the formation of piemontite is dependant of a high concentration of manganese it is commonly found together with other manganese minerals.
More definitions of piemontiteDefinition of piemontite in:
- The US English dictionary