An evergreen shrub of the heather family, typically having pink or red young leaves and loose clusters of waxy white bell-shaped flowers. It is native to North America and Asia.
- Genus Pieris, family Ericaceae
More example sentences
- Rhododendrons, most heathers, camellias, pieris, skimmia, citrus and many others must have acid soil.
- The same cultural practices may also be applied to blueberries, pieris, heather, holly and other plants that prefer acid, organic soils.
- Some shrubs like rhododendrons, magnolias, pieris, enkianthus, and most evergreens are best not pruned at all.
Definition of pieris in:
- The US English dictionary