- An Australian bandicoot with toes that form a paired foot pad on the forelimbs, and a single foot pad on the hindlimbs. It is believed to be extinct.
More example sentences
- Chaeropus ecaudatus, family Peramelidae
- An exception to this pattern was the pig-footed bandicoot, Chaeropus ecaudatus, which became extinct sometime after 1950.
- The pig-footed bandicoot was one of the very strangest of marsupials.
- The pig-footed bandicoot may belong with the Peramelinae, or it perhaps should be classified by itself.