Definition of pig-headed in English:
Stupidly obstinate: I was too pig-headed to listen a maddening, pig-headed child
More example sentences
- What keeps me going is a belief in the hospice movement, my pig-headed stubbornness and more recently, the advert for the Cancer Research Fund, which shows three girls playing in a meadow.
- In the long term they are probably right; too many of the acts of the senate over the years have been pig-headed, wilful and capricious and simply cannot be justified in a modern democracy.
- I am firm, you are obstinate, he is a pig-headed fool
obstinate, stubborn, stubborn as a mule, mulish, bull-headed, obdurate, headstrong, self-willed, wilful, perverse, contrary, recalcitrant, refractory, stiff-necked;
tenacious, dogged, single-minded, inflexible, uncompromising, adamant, intractable, intransigent, unyielding, unmalleable, unpersuadable
- Example sentences
- So I'm pig-headedly refusing to take out my chisel and chip away at any slight imperfections.
- Why does the executive so pig-headedly refuse to loosen the state's control over schools?
- At the same time, that does not mean that a medical man can obstinately and pig-headedly carry on with some old technique if it has been proved to be contrary to what is really substantially the whole of informed medical opinion’.
- Example sentences
- There is a fine line between loyalty and pig-headedness.
- A slump saw him plummet to No141 before hard work and pig-headedness drove him back to become world No1.
- This pig-headedness ensures that changes that are crying out to be made are kept in check.
Words that rhyme with pig-headedbareheaded, boneheaded, fatheaded, hard-headed, hot-headed, light-headed, pinheaded, thickheaded, unleaded, unwedded, wooden-headed, wrong-headed
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.