Australian /NZ • informal
- (Of a horse or other animal) kick upwards with the hind legs, keeping the head down and the forelegs firmly planted.More example sentences
- Unfortunately when I got him into a canter all he wanted to do was drop his head and pig root and buck.
- I can't put my kids on him yet because he does like to pig root and I am very nervous about getting on him.
nounBack to top
- The act of pig-rooting.More example sentences
- He was renowned for a pig root in the parade ring which would see his hind legs so far off the ground that they would be above his head!