Definition of pig-sticking in English:
The activity of hunting wild boar with a spear, carried out on horseback.
- Back in India at sixteen, James Brooke took a commission in the East India Company's army, where he had an enjoyable time shooting big game, pig-sticking and larking about in male company.
- As an old countryman, I have never had an inclination to hunt, but to compare traditional hunting to ‘sports’ like pig-sticking and cock-fighting is offensive.
- Also popular was pig-sticking, the dangerous sport of riding on horseback to hunt wild boar by sticking them with a lance.
- Example sentences
- The fixed blade version of the knife, with its aggressive double clip design, is one of the more wicked pig-stickers you'll ever see.
- The pig-sticker gibs them instantly.
- I'm not sure whether the 1/8 pig-sticker would have been too deep to use then.
Definition of pig-sticking in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan