The activity of hunting wild boar with a spear, carried out on horseback.
- Back in India at sixteen, James Brooke took a commission in the East India Company's army, where he had an enjoyable time shooting big game, pig-sticking and larking about in male company.
- As an old countryman, I have never had an inclination to hunt, but to compare traditional hunting to ‘sports’ like pig-sticking and cock-fighting is offensive.
- Also popular was pig-sticking, the dangerous sport of riding on horseback to hunt wild boar by sticking them with a lance.
- Example sentences
- The fixed blade version of the knife, with its aggressive double clip design, is one of the more wicked pig-stickers you'll ever see.
- The pig-sticker gibs them instantly.
- I'm not sure whether the 1/8 pig-sticker would have been too deep to use then.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: pig-sticking
Definition of pig-sticking in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.