- Timid; cowardly.More example sentences
- ‘The trail was curving in the direction of the woods, and part of me was eager to enter them to see where the trail would lead, and part of me was pigeon-hearted, uneasy about what might await me there’.
- Maybe he thought if that happened I would get pigeon-hearted and run away from this place.
- Lincolns distaste for war is evident throughout this portion, and his ‘pigeon-hearted’ nature is discussed in detail.
More definitions of pigeon-heartedDefinition of pigeon-hearted in:
- The US English dictionary