Definition of piggery in English:
noun (plural piggeries)
1A farm where pigs are bred or kept.
- That said, of course the other area of factory farming is intensive piggeries, and broiler farms.
- Mr Nielsen, who runs a piggery and asparagus farm, claimed he had been unable to harvest 30 per cent of his asparagus, worth $1 million, due to a shortage of pickers.
- Its annoyance results in the reduction of milk and or meat production in dairy, poultry and piggery farms.
2 [mass noun] Behaviour regarded as characteristic of pigs in greed or unpleasantness: the piggery of a midnight supper
More example sentences
- The club secretary remained calm in the face of this assault on male chauvinist piggery.
- Good news on the pedometer - I should probably keep using mine, since I keep lapsing into moments of utter piggery.
- You're oblivious to the piggery of it.
Words that rhyme with piggerypriggery, whiggery
Definition of piggery in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.