Definition of piggery in English:
noun (plural piggeries)
1A farm where pigs are bred or kept.
- That said, of course the other area of factory farming is intensive piggeries, and broiler farms.
- Mr Nielsen, who runs a piggery and asparagus farm, claimed he had been unable to harvest 30 per cent of his asparagus, worth $1 million, due to a shortage of pickers.
- Its annoyance results in the reduction of milk and or meat production in dairy, poultry and piggery farms.
2 [mass noun] Behaviour regarded as characteristic of pigs in greed or unpleasantness: the piggery of a midnight supper
More example sentences
- The club secretary remained calm in the face of this assault on male chauvinist piggery.
- Good news on the pedometer - I should probably keep using mine, since I keep lapsing into moments of utter piggery.
- You're oblivious to the piggery of it.
Definition of piggery in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan