Definition of pigmentation in English:
1The natural colouring of animal or plant tissue.
- Progeny plants were scored for pigmentation phenotype and analyzed for genotype using SSR markers.
- Increased pigmentation in animals, such as these spots, may be genetic, acquired, or associated with pigmented tumors.
- The method does account for any potential pigmentation in the tissue, or for absorbance
1.1Abnormal colouring of a person’s skin, typically resulting from disease.
- They include skin and mucosal pigmentation, postural hypotension, weight loss, and hyperkalaemia.
- The disease should be diagnosed before skin pigmentation, liver enlargement, diabetes, heart failure, or aching joints develop.
- The transcutaneous jaundice meter is affected by factors such as gestational age, birth weight, and skin pigmentation.
Definition of pigmentation in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan