Definition of pigsty in English:
noun (plural pigsties)
1A pen or enclosure for a pig or pigs.
- As reported by Reuters, for example, the European Union directive supposedly required farmers to ‘put a football, metal chains or hay in their pigsties.’
- It's a mixture of habitable buildings, several disused farms, cowsheds and what was probably once a pigsty.
- On their journey back with the clock, their van is hijacked and the lads are locked in a pigsty.
1.1A very dirty or untidy house or room: she was fed up with living in a pigsty
More example sentences
- Maybe she could move in with her brother, but remembering what a pigsty her brother's house is, she knew she'd be left to pick up after his mess.
- He said the house was a pigsty, the biggest mess ever.
- The house was a pigsty and we tried to do all we could to make things better.
Words that rhyme with pigstyhogtie • crosstie • shut-eye
Definition of pigsty in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.