Definition of pigsty in English:
noun (plural pigsties)
1A pen or enclosure for a pig or pigs.
- As reported by Reuters, for example, the European Union directive supposedly required farmers to ‘put a football, metal chains or hay in their pigsties.’
- It's a mixture of habitable buildings, several disused farms, cowsheds and what was probably once a pigsty.
- On their journey back with the clock, their van is hijacked and the lads are locked in a pigsty.
1.1A very dirty or untidy house or room: she was fed up with living in a pigsty
More example sentences
- Maybe she could move in with her brother, but remembering what a pigsty her brother's house is, she knew she'd be left to pick up after his mess.
- He said the house was a pigsty, the biggest mess ever.
- The house was a pigsty and we tried to do all we could to make things better.
Definition of pigsty in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India