Definition of pigtail in English:
1A plaited lock of hair worn singly at the back or on each side of the head: she had her hair done in pigtails
More example sentences
- The girl had her hair in pigtails or plaits and was wearing a purple coat, black shoes, white tights and a dark skirt.
- Pink ponytail holders held her white hair in pigtails, and there was a cherry flush in her cinnamon cheeks.
- Allison, as a child, wore a light pink dress with her strawberry-blonde hair done up in pigtails.
2A short length of braided wire connecting a stationary part to a moving part in an electrical device.
- Twist the ends of the wires being connected with the pigtail wire tightly together.
- The optical fiber of the feeder cable is spliced to an input optical fiber of a connectorized pigtail and then split into two or more output optical fibers of connectorized pigtails.
- In any case, when more than one wire must be connected to a single terminal, pigtails should always be used.
- Example sentences
- When I opened the box and found that half of pomegranate neatly wrapped in plastic film, I squealed with delight and shook my pigtailed head with vigor.
- Little did they know that eventually the pigtailed girl would grow into a woman and they'd be partners in a real live love match.
- A young girl trainer around 10 with pigtailed hair was standing in front of the counter staring at Caitlin curiously.
Words that rhyme with pigtailbristletail • pintail
Definition of pigtail in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan