Definition of pigtail in English:
1A plaited lock of hair worn singly at the back or on each side of the head: she had her hair done in pigtails
More example sentences
- The girl had her hair in pigtails or plaits and was wearing a purple coat, black shoes, white tights and a dark skirt.
- Pink ponytail holders held her white hair in pigtails, and there was a cherry flush in her cinnamon cheeks.
- Allison, as a child, wore a light pink dress with her strawberry-blonde hair done up in pigtails.
2A short length of braided wire connecting a stationary part to a moving part in an electrical device.
- Twist the ends of the wires being connected with the pigtail wire tightly together.
- The optical fiber of the feeder cable is spliced to an input optical fiber of a connectorized pigtail and then split into two or more output optical fibers of connectorized pigtails.
- In any case, when more than one wire must be connected to a single terminal, pigtails should always be used.
- Example sentences
- When I opened the box and found that half of pomegranate neatly wrapped in plastic film, I squealed with delight and shook my pigtailed head with vigor.
- Little did they know that eventually the pigtailed girl would grow into a woman and they'd be partners in a real live love match.
- A young girl trainer around 10 with pigtailed hair was standing in front of the counter staring at Caitlin curiously.
Words that rhyme with pigtailbristletail • pintail
Definition of pigtail in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.