- 1A crash involving several vehicles: a three-car pile-up on the A350More example sentences
- This is Midway's conversion of their popular arcade racer and, like all Midway racing games, it is full of spectacular crashes, pile-ups and short cuts which help trim down lap times.
- When this type of work is being done the Police Traffic Branch should be notified and a contingency plan put in place to deal with the pile-up of vehicles.
- The busy M1 motorway was closed for nearly six hours yesterday after a pile-up involving 11 vehicles.
- 2An accumulation of a specified thing: a massive pile-up of dataMore example sentences
- We have a few games in hand on most clubs and we are getting a bit of a fixture pile-up.
- Christmas seems as good a time as ever when several of the new signings would be expecting a little break - and not a fixture pile-up.
- Brown added: ‘We are in a promising position but we have got a horrendous pile-up of fixtures which could work for, or against, us.’