Definition of pillbox in English:
1A small shallow cylindrical box for holding pills.
- Some people put their pills in a daily pillbox and use alarms to remind themselves to take their medicines.
- There are figurines amassed by Christie's father, 20th-century pottery of Anthony's and watches and pillboxes of Christie's.
- His face adorns pillowcases, posters, power toys and pillboxes.
2A woman’s hat with straight sides, a flat top, and no brim.
- The skinny adolescent is dressed to kill in a black sheath dress, gloves and a straw pillbox hat with a veil.
- Somewhere along the course of the evening the little pillbox hat had got lost.
- She is wearing a simple yet elegant pink traveling gown and a pillbox hat, and is seated at a window seat.
3A small enclosed, partly underground, concrete fort used as an outpost.
- Examples of less ambitious fortifications abound, like the concrete pillboxes, often hexagonal, which dot southern England.
- Dutch Harbor is an easy two-hour flight from Anchorage, and the area is covered with reminders of the war, from concrete pillboxes to a large, underground hospital.
- Concrete pillboxes were constructed above the high tide mark, soldiers occupied some of the cottages along the shore front and guards prevented anyone going on the beach at night.
Definition of pillbox in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.