- 1A seat for a passenger behind a motorcyclist.More example sentences
- The accident last night was one of four serious collisions in North Yorkshire over the Bank Holiday weekend, which left three motorcyclists dead and a pillion passenger seriously injured.
- Motorcyclists and pillion passengers must wear helmets at all times and motorists must wear safety belts.
- A motorcycle pillion passenger was killed and its rider seriously injured when their machine was involved in an accident on the A64.
- Travel seated behind a motorcyclist.More example sentences
- They had returned home with A-Nong riding pillion on Monchai's motorcycle with Mukda following behind on her own motorbike.
- The inquiry at Westminster Coroner's Court heard how Clayton Skipworth, 22, was riding pillion on a motorcycle on Clapham Common Northside late in the evening of Friday, September 13.
- The rules to be followed while travelling in buses, autorickshaws, cars and riding pillion on two-wheelers have been listed.
late 15th century (denoting a light saddle): from Scottish Gaelic pillean, Irish pillín 'small cushion', diminutive of pell, from Latin pellis 'skin'.
More definitions of pillionDefinition of pillion in:
- The US English dictionary