- Lava which has solidified as rounded masses, characteristic of eruption under water: [count noun]: pillow lavas can now be seen along the once volcanic coast of Green GardensMore example sentences
- The ophiolitic rocks comprise a complete ophiolite stratigraphy: i.e. ultramafic cumulates, gabbro, sheeted dykes, pillow lava and local chert and limestone.
- The group includes melange which consists of greywacke, limestone, pillow lava, gabbro and serpentenite blocks in a black shale matrix.
- The upper flow unit is well exposed in the Prospect Park quarry and is made up of three types of lava flow structures: massive, columnar basalt, subaqueous, pahoehoe flow lobes, and bedded pillow lava.
More definitions of pillow lavaDefinition of pillow lava in:
- The US English dictionary