noun (plural same or pilotfishes)
- A fish of warm seas that is often seen swimming close to large fish such as sharks and sometimes turtles and boats.
More example sentences
- Naucrates ductor, family Carangidae
- The script cheats somewhat, the pilotfish / shark subplot loses its bite and the writers' imagination suffers from rising damp.
- A solitary pilotfish raced to keep station at its nose.
- With hordes of yellow pilotfish bouncing off its nose, and longer than I am tall, it could have sucked me into its maw in one watery gasp.
More definitions of pilotfishDefinition of pilotfish in:
- The US English dictionary