noun (plural pimientos)
- A red sweet pepper: [mass noun]: a casserole of devilled pimientoMore example sentences
- Otherwise known as bell peppers, capsicum and pimento, sweet peppers are natural partners to Provençal vegetables such as courgettes, aubergine and tomatoes.
- That evening in Yegen I ate a marvellous cazuela a stew of rice, potatoes, green vegetables, meat, tomatoes, pimentos, onions and garlic, powdered almonds and saffron, named after the pot it is cooked in.
- Black pepper is used sparingly, but fresh cilantro, thyme, oregano, onion, garlic, pimento, and tomato are fundamental ingredients in the preparation of meats, soups, and vegetable hashes.
mid 17th century: from Spanish, from medieval Latin pigmentum 'spice', from Latin, 'pigment'.
More definitions of pimientoDefinition of pimiento in:
- The US English dictionary