- 1Tense and pale from cold, worry, or hunger: her pinched, sallow faceMore example sentences
- Her usually rosy cheeks were now pinched and deathly pale.
- Nathan was tall, with a pale, pinched face, and David was shorter and almost stocky, with a tan and brownish hair.
- There were bags under her eyes, and her face was pale and pinched looking.
- 2Suffering from financial hardship.More example sentences
- Its atmosphere is nonetheless bleak, evoking cold gray skies and a pinched existence in a slum area of town, with the ever-present fear of discrimination.