Definition of pinewood in English:
1 [mass noun] The timber from pine trees: [as modifier]: pinewood furniture
More example sentences
- If you have pressure-treated pinewood you can use wood tone to make it look like redwood.
- The present sources extracted from a byproduct in the refining of vegetable oils or from the oil obtained from pinewood pulp in papermaking can supply only about 10% of the people in the West.
- A long, pinewood bar took up most of the room where the cowboys could mingle with the panhandlers and enjoy a glass of whiskey.
2 (usually pinewoods) A forest of pine trees.
- Wilson said there had been a resurgence in interest in restoring native woodlands, resulting in an increase of more than 30,000 hectares in Caledonian pinewoods alone over the past 15 years.
- A true getaway (there is no mobile phone signal) with towering mountains and Caledonian pinewoods, this is one of the remotest valleys in Scotland.
- It was a day of galloping gales, thick mists, columns of rain marching across the hills, drenching the pinewoods and the dreary fields.
Definition of pinewood in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan