Definition of pinewood in English:
1 [mass noun] The timber from pine trees: [as modifier]: pinewood furniture
More example sentences
- If you have pressure-treated pinewood you can use wood tone to make it look like redwood.
- The present sources extracted from a byproduct in the refining of vegetable oils or from the oil obtained from pinewood pulp in papermaking can supply only about 10% of the people in the West.
- A long, pinewood bar took up most of the room where the cowboys could mingle with the panhandlers and enjoy a glass of whiskey.
2 (usually pinewoods) A forest of pine trees.
- Wilson said there had been a resurgence in interest in restoring native woodlands, resulting in an increase of more than 30,000 hectares in Caledonian pinewoods alone over the past 15 years.
- A true getaway (there is no mobile phone signal) with towering mountains and Caledonian pinewoods, this is one of the remotest valleys in Scotland.
- It was a day of galloping gales, thick mists, columns of rain marching across the hills, drenching the pinewoods and the dreary fields.
Definition of pinewood in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.