- The gun's trigger guard cracked with a high-pitched ping, but the sound was pretty much lost in the screaming.
- Beeps, blips and pings are the everyday sounds that we live with, thanks to our push-button gizmos and fast-paced lifestyle.
- It will be interesting now to see, when the oven pings, if the whole confection really is a recipe for success.
- Instead of being a taut, minimal straight line, I'm a curvy, springy, unmarshalled dithering thing, unable to ping, ding or ker-ching.
- Ward got another nudge which Barton blocked and the ball pinged up from their clash and smacked the unfortunate Mills in the face before finally looping into the net.
- When the lift came to a halt and the doors pinged open with a pleasant ding the girls dragged the bags down the hallway, stopping outside of the apartment while Forever searched for her keys.
- To test your IPv6 connection, first try pinging something with the ping6 program on both the gateway and a connected host.
- Try pinging or otherwise connecting to hosts on the remote network; the connection should behave no differently from before when you brought the tunnel up.
- The laptop sitting on the center console continuously pinging at the networks being discovered.
- I guess you could think of pinging as eye contact via mobile phone; just enough information is conveyed to be useful, but not so much that it disrupts what you're already doing.
- Some people ping us directly, and most of the rest comes from blogs - which polls Weblogs.com once an hour.
- To get blogs is easy nowadays and so you just spam by writing pseudo blogs and linking and pinging.
Mid 19th century: imitative.
This word imitates the noise. The game ping-pong got its name in the early 20th century from the sound of a bat striking a ball.
Words that rhyme with pingBeijing, bing, bring, Chungking, cling, ding, dingaling, fling, I Ching, king, Kunming, ling, Ming, Nanjing, Peking, ring, sing, Singh, sling, spring, sting, string, swing, Synge, thing, ting, wing, wring, Xining, zing
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ping
Definition of ping in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.