Definition of pink salmon in English:
1 another term for humpback (sense 2).
- All the pieces are coming together and it's such a strong weight of evidence that sea lice from the fish farms are hurting the wild pink salmon.
- Instead, the fisheries department opted to shut some - but not all - of the salmon farms in the area, to open a ‘migration route’ for the wild pink salmon.
- The Council stated that the best option to ensure a low risk to out-migrating juvenile pink salmon in the spring of 2003 would be to empty all salmon farms of potentially lice-bearing adult salmon.
1.1 [mass noun] The pale pink flesh of the humpback salmon used as food.
- The canning was done in an antediluvian way: tins of pink salmon were placed into a capacious iron barrel with water and boiled for 4 hours on a powerful bonfire - ‘to kill all the microbes’.
- ‘We are introducing high quality beef from the US, grilled with our own seasonings, pink salmon from Atlanta and New Zealand lamb,’ he said.
- Gardenia also serves all-time favourites such as Fish and Chips, served crisp and hot and Teriyaki pink salmon, which come char-grilled with crispy leeks.
Definition of pink salmon in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia