Definition of pink salmon in English:
1 another term for humpback (sense 2.
- All the pieces are coming together and it's such a strong weight of evidence that sea lice from the fish farms are hurting the wild pink salmon.
- Instead, the fisheries department opted to shut some - but not all - of the salmon farms in the area, to open a ‘migration route’ for the wild pink salmon.
- The Council stated that the best option to ensure a low risk to out-migrating juvenile pink salmon in the spring of 2003 would be to empty all salmon farms of potentially lice-bearing adult salmon.
1.1 [mass noun] The pale pink flesh of the humpback salmon used as food.
- The canning was done in an antediluvian way: tins of pink salmon were placed into a capacious iron barrel with water and boiled for 4 hours on a powerful bonfire - ‘to kill all the microbes’.
- ‘We are introducing high quality beef from the US, grilled with our own seasonings, pink salmon from Atlanta and New Zealand lamb,’ he said.
- Gardenia also serves all-time favourites such as Fish and Chips, served crisp and hot and Teriyaki pink salmon, which come char-grilled with crispy leeks.
Definition of pink salmon in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.