The little finger.
- She chewed grimly on the fingernail of her little pinkie, narrowing her eyebrows in frustration.
- On a normal keyboard, the resting position for my left hand has my pinkie and ring finger touching the side of the keyboard.
- The nails on her pinkie and index finger were crushed.
Words that rhyme with pinkiedinky, Helsinki, inky, Kinki, kinky, minke, pinky, slinky, stinky, stotinki
noun (plural pinkies)informal
2 (usually pinkies) The maggot of the greenbottle fly, used as fishing bait.
- Squatts and pinkies should therefore be added to the bait bill as a back up should the canal come into play.
- I was once put to shame by a top class canal angler who only had a quarter of a pint of pinkies and less than that of casters.
- On the Nene in particular, red or fluorescent pinkies are very good colours.
Late 19th century: from pink2, of obscure origin.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan