- The little finger.More example sentences
- She chewed grimly on the fingernail of her little pinkie, narrowing her eyebrows in frustration.
- On a normal keyboard, the resting position for my left hand has my pinkie and ring finger touching the side of the keyboard.
- The nails on her pinkie and index finger were crushed.
early 19th century: partly from Dutch pink 'the little finger', reinforced by pink1.
noun (plural pinkies)• informal
- 2 (usually pinkies) The maggot of the greenbottle fly, used as fishing bait.More example sentences
- Squatts and pinkies should therefore be added to the bait bill as a back up should the canal come into play.
- I was once put to shame by a top class canal angler who only had a quarter of a pint of pinkies and less than that of casters.
- On the Nene in particular, red or fluorescent pinkies are very good colours.
late 19th century: from pink2, of obscure origin.